What do you want most for yourself as you get older?
If it is always to stay as active and positive and engaged as you are when you are at your very best, here are 5 easy steps to take toward that goal.
1. First of all, buy yourself a beautiful notebook/journal and a pen that fits comfortably in your hand.*
2. Second, paste a photo of yourself in the present inside the front cover of the journal.
Spend several minutes admiring your eyes particularly. See the intelligence and humor and sense of perspective they convey.
You haven't lived this long for nothing!
3. Then, on the journal's first page write down all the good things you wish for this present self now and in the future.
Don't stint on the wishes. You can have more than three.
In fact, if you can't think of many right now, leave space--a page or two--to fill in as time passes. You'll get better at this with practice.
4. Star, circle, or otherwise highlight the wish you want to focus on first.
Use a color that you love to reflect the excitement you feel about this wish.
5. Open yourself to wondering how this wish will be fulfilled. You don't need to know; you just need to stay curious as to how it will happen.
(* The Daily Planner offers unusual journals and notebooks for reasonable prices. See www.dailyplanner.com)